By renting a property through BARGATE PROPERTY SERVICES you can be assured that service
standards are met and that the property will have undergone necessary safety checks. Your
rights and responsibilities will be clearly explained and you will have an informed and
professional response to any queries you may have before or during your tenancy.
At the beginning of your tenancy, we will:
During your tenancy, we will:
- require a deposit from you which is held in a separate Client's Account and registered with a Government-appointed Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme
- complete a reference check on all proposed adult tenants. Note that all lettings are subject to satisfactory references
- organise an inventory check-in report (a schedule of the condition of the property plus a list of its contents)
- provide you with details of service providers and the Local Authority for you to set up accounts
Before the tenancy ends, we will:
- arrange with you in advance a date and time to periodically check the condition of the property
- respond to your requests for maintenance or repairs
- if required, serve you with the correct period of notice as set out in the tenancy agreement
Note: If we are not employed by the landlord to manage the property you will be provided with contact details of the
- arrange an inventory clerk to check and document the condition of the property
- return your deposit to you within the legal timescale less any agreed disbursements
Should you wish to proceed with a tenancy, the following costs are involved:
A goodwill deposit is required to reserve the property when you agree to take a tenancy. If you withdraw from the proposed letting the holding deposit will be forfeited. Should the owner withdraw, the whole deposit is returnable.
The deposit is calculated as equivalent to six weeks' rent and is offset by the holding deposit.
Rent is normally required monthly in advance.
A fee is required for each proposed tenant for referencing purposes. There will be an additional fee if a guarantor is required.
This is payable for drawing up the tenancy agreement. If you wish to extend the fixed term, a renewal fee is charged.
This service is provided by an independent inventory company and the fee varies according to the size of property and whether furnished or unfurnished. The landlord is responsible for paying a similar fee for the check-out report.
Note that fees are subject to VAT at the normal rate.
These costs are required from the proposed tenant before occupation and must be paid by banker's order draft, CHAPS transfer or cash. A statement will be issued prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
You will also be asked to complete a standing order for the regular payment of the rent on the rent due date.